Car accidents are not always avoidable, even when we are alert and driving carefully. Many other drivers share the road, and often weather conditions or defective equipment lead to accidents beyond our control. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), car accidents resulting in serious damage and injury occur every 17 seconds across the United States.
Each year, millions of people are injured in car accidents, and over 30,000 are fatally injured. Often, the cause of these accidents is another driver’s negligence such as texting and driving, failing to signal, or running a stop sign or red-light. If you are the victim of a car accident, it’s critical you talk to a personal injury attorney.
Motor vehicle accidents can involve a motorcycle accident, a bus collision, a semi-truck accident, a pedestrian hit and run, or a drunk driver – to name a few. Even minor accidents can have long-term consequences, including pain and suffering. Both drivers and passengers may be impacted and suffer harm from a car accident.
As your personal injury attorneys, we will
- Ensure you receive the proper medical care as you recover from your injuries
- Help you understand your legal rights and the law, including any statutes of limitations
- Establish liability for the accident by obtaining and preserving evidence and interviewing witnesses
- Collect necessary medical records and guide you in properly documenting your injuries
- Ensure you receive the full compensation to which you are rightfully entitled
- Provide the best litigation strategy for you and your case – whether that means going to trial or negotiating a settlement – one that accounts for both current and future financial and medical needs
Our goal is to give you peace of mind. We will fight for you and your right to full compensation for the harm suffered due to a car accident injury. Focus on your recovery. We’ll handle the rest.
Damages from Car Accidents
Victims of car accidents frequently face significant medical bills, emotional distress, and lost wages. In determining your damages, it’s important to take into account property loss, physical, and psychological distress, as well as future costs and impact from medical and emotional pain and suffering. You deserve the full compensation for all your damages after a car accident.
You should not accept a claim from an insurer, even your own, before speaking with a personal injury attorney. Many insurances companies have implemented settlement policies that encourage their adjusters to offer quick payments to car accident victims, often well below the full compensation to which you may be entitled. You may be contacted shortly after your accident by an adjuster, hoping to gain your confidence and present themselves as someone advocating for you. The reality is that insurance companies want to settle your case in terms most favorable to their interests, not yours.
A Halunen Law personal injury attorney will fight for you and the compensation you deserve.