Our Practice Areas
Our Minneapolis employment law practice group devotes its energy to advocating for the rights of employees which includes employees who have been treated illegally. The firm’s Minnesota employment law lawyers help clients in cases involving:
- Wrongful termination — the illegal firing or laying off of an employee
- Sexual Harassment at work
- Discrimination based on gender, pregnancy, or sexual orientation
- Discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, public assistance status or another characteristic
- Hostile work environment in which a worker is harassed because he or she is a member of a protected class
- Workers’ compensation retaliation — punishment for filing a workers’ comp claim
- FMLA retaliation — retaliation related to use of Family Medical Leave Act rights
- Employment agreements and contracts including litigation
- Executive and professional severance, such as executive work-outs, severance agreements and non-competes
- Employment class actions when the rights of numerous employees have been violated
- Wage and hour violations involving overtime, job misclassification, and other issues
Our employment attorneys also specialize in Whistleblower retaliation — representing those individuals who are punished for taking a stand for what they believe is right. Halunen Law fights to protect your rights.
Consumer Class Actions
We have filed a consumer class actions against many of the country’s largest corporations for providing poor-quality goods or services, or for engaging in deceptive and unfair business practices.
These unfair practices can include:
- Illegal Billing & Charges
- Failure to Credit Accounts as Promised
- Unfair Early Termination Fees
- Unfair Overdraft Fees
- False & Deceptive Advertising
- Manufacture & Sale of Defective Products
We also focus on Illegal debt collection practices and other actions that violate consumer laws.
Whistleblower / False Claims Act-Qui Tam Cases
Federal and state whistleblower statutes, including the False Claims Act, provide significant financial incentives to whistleblowers who courageously expose fraud against government agencies or programs. Our lawyers represent people in federal and state whistleblower cases all across the country. This includes qui tam cases that specifically relate to False Claims Act violations and whistleblower actions under the IRS, SEC, CFTC, and FCPA.
Contact Minnesota Employment Law Firm- Halunen Law
If you think you have a case, contact Halunen Law for a free, confidential consultation regarding your legal concerns. One of our attorneys will answer your questions without charge. We will help explain how the law applies to your situation and provide you with options of how to best move forward.