Your injury may have changed your life. We won’t let it define your future.
We know how injuries can profoundly impact a person’s life. And, sometimes, getting justice for that injury is just as hard. At Halunen, we’re here to be your voice. We are driven by your story to fight for what’s right and to get the justice you deserve.
RESULTS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
In Recoveries for Individuals
Injured in Minnesota
Representing Those Injured
1 PROVEN PROCESS
Our Fearless Advocates
No one seeks to be injured. No one seeks to sue others. But sometimes we have no choice because the negligence or recklessness of another leaves us damaged – damaged physically, damaged emotionally, and damaged financially. And as is often the case, when a person is forced to sue for compensation, there is usually an insurance company that doesn’t want to pay or tries to limit its insured’s liability. It’s not right. It’s not fair. And that is where we come in.
Choosing an attorney to fight for the compensation to which you’re entitled, is one of the most important decisions to make after you’ve been injured. Making a good choice allows you to focus on your recovery. Our team of attorneys is dedicated to ensuring the best possible representation for you and your family. We have advocated for victims of wrongdoing and illegal conduct for over 20 years. We know how to successfully navigate complex cases against some of the largest companies in the United States. And we put that experience to work for you.
We only work on a contingency basis. That means there is no upfront legal cost to you. When you’ve been injured, the last thing you want to worry about is paying attorney fees. We believe, regardless of your financial circumstances, you deserve experienced, professional representation. There is no fee to you unless we win.
Explore Personal Injury Law
Car accidents can happen to anyone at any time. Even if you are focused on the road and your surroundings, …
A catastrophic injury is one that changes a person’s life by leaving them with permanent damage. These direct and proximate …
Railroad Workers and the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) For more than 100 years, the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) …
There is nothing quite like riding a motorcycle across Minnesota’s scenic roads and highways. If you know that, you also …
Contact Our Minnesota Personal
We fight our clients to obtain the financial recovery to which they’re entitled. Although a financial recovery can’t rectify the impact an injury has had on your life, we will work through the legal system on your behalf to provide a semblance of justice and fair compensation. Contact us for a free, confidential consultation.
QUESTIONS? WE HAVE ANSWERS!
What important steps should I take if I’m involved in a car accident?
1. Move your car out of moving traffic lanes and stop.
2. Get names and contact information from any potential witnesses at the scene.
3. Do not move anyone unless you are absolutely sure that you can do so safely.
4. Call 911 and tell them your location and about any injuries at the scene.
5. Don’t apologize, admit your fault or argue with the other driver. That can all be sorted out later.
6. Exchange insurance information and get the other driver’s name, current address, phone number, and license number. Do not permit anyone to photograph your license. That could lead to identity theft.
7. Document and, if possible, take photographs of the license plates and damage to all vehicles involved.
8. Obtain a copy of any police or crash report if available at the scene.
9. If your car is being towed, retrieve your personal items and confirm where it’s being taken.
10. Call Halunen Law at (612) 444-HURT. Get legal advice on your rights and responsibilities. We can assist you in protecting the evidence and getting the insurance benefits and compensation to which you are entitled.
Can I sue the other driver even if I got a ticket for the accident?
Yes, generally whether or not someone got a ticket does not affect your right to compensation. The jury decides who was at fault, not the police or the insurance company. Talk to a personal injury attorney to get an assessment of liability.
Is there a time limit to getting my medical bills paid?
Yes, there are time limits for submitting your bills and wage loss for payment. Generally, you have six months to make sure everything is submitted. So, don’t wait, talk to an attorney as soon as possible.
Do I have to give the other side's insurance company an authorization to review my medical records?
Not necessarily, the other side’s insurance company is not entitled to unlimited access to your health records. Talk to an attorney before you sign anything.
I wasn't wearing a seat belt; can I still recover for my injuries?
Yes, you can still recover for the injuries caused by the fault of the other driver, even if you were not wearing your seat belt at the time of the accident.
I don't want to go to court, can I still pursue my claims?
Yes, most cases settle without a trial. However, every case should be prepared for the potential of trial. A good personal injury trial lawyer will discuss your concerns and prepare you for the possibility of trial.