Focused, Effective and Aggressive
Halunen Law is not a general practice law firm. We are highly focused, concentrating our energies and resources on the areas of the law that we know well. This has enabled us to be highly effective and to gain a strong reputation in our chosen practice areas:
Our Minneapolis employment law practice group devotes its energy to advocating for the rights of employees, including employees who have been treated illegally. The firm’s Minnesota employment law lawyers help clients in cases involving:
- Wrongful termination — the illegal firing or laying off of an employee
- Sexual harassment at work
- Discrimination based on gender, pregnancy or sexual orientation
- Discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, public assistance status or another characteristic
- A hostile work environment in which a worker is harassed because he or she is a member of a protected class
- Workers’ compensation retaliation — punishment for filing a workers’ comp claim
- FMLA retaliation — retaliation related to use of Family Medical Leave Act rights
- Employment agreements and contracts, including litigation
- Executive and professional severance, such as executive work-outs, severance agreements and non-competes
- Employment class actions when the rights of numerous employees have been violated
- Wage and hour violations involving overtime, job misclassification and other issues
Our employment attorneys also specialize in whistleblower retaliation – representing those individuals who are punished for taking a stand for what they believe is right. The whistleblower attorneys at Halunen Law will fight to protect your rights if you have been negatively affected for reporting conduct you believe to be illegal.
Consumer Class Actions
Halunen Law has filed consumer class actions against many of the country’s largest corporations for providing poor-quality goods or services, or for engaging in deceptive and unfair business practices. These unfair practices can include illegal billing and charges (cramming, failure to credit accounts as promised, unfair early termination fees, unfair overdraft fees), false and deceptive advertising, manufacture and sale of defective products, illegal debt collection practices and other actions that violate consumer laws.
Whistleblower / Qui Tam Cases
Federal and state whistleblower statutes, including the False Claims Acts, provide significant financial incentives to whistleblowers who courageously expose fraud against government agencies or programs. At Halunen Law, our lawyers represent people in federal and state whistleblower cases across the country, including qui tam cases that specifically relate to False Claims Act violations and whistleblower actions under the IRS, SEC, CFTC, and FCPA.
Contact Us For a Free Evaluation of Your Employment, Consumer, or Whistleblower Concern
Contact Halunen Law for a free, confidential consultation regarding your legal concerns. One of our attorneys will answer your questions without charge, explaining how the law applies to your situation and presenting you with options. If we believe you do not have a case, we will tell you.