Representing Employees in Minnesota and Across the Country
Everyone deserves to be treated fairly, and with respect. Being an individual employee shouldn’t change that. Regardless of whoever you work for, the employment attorneys in Minneapolis at Halunen Law fight each day to protect the rights of workers. We believe workers are entitled to fair treatment under the law, and corporate interests shouldn’t be put before employee rights. Our passion and perseverance have yielded positive results for employees in Minnesota, California, Illinois, and beyond.
With years of trial and appeals experience in both state and federal courts, our attorneys have successfully litigated hundreds of employment cases. These cases have involved:
- Wrongful Termination – being terminated for unjust reasons can be illegal
- Sexual harassment – sexual misconduct in the workplace effects both men & women, and can range from verbal comments to physical touching or assault
- Retaliation for Whistleblowing – many times those who have reported illegal conduct of some sort to their employer get fired, that’s against the law
- Workers’ compensation retaliation – firing or laying off on employee
- FMLA retaliation – punishing employees for use of thier Family Medial Leave Act rights
- Age – discriminating against some due to their age
- Religion – discriminating against some due to their religion or religious beliefs
- Disability – discriminating against some due to their disability or a perceived disability, or failing to provide a reasonable accommodation
- Gender – discriminating against some due to their gender, which can include pay differences or failing to promote someone, or discrimination due to pregnancy
- Race – discriminating against some due to their race or national origin
- Sexual Orientation – discriminating against some due to their gender identity or LGTBQ status
We also represent employees who have been denied overtime or misclassified as independent contractors as individuals or employment class actions. We litigate qui tam or False Claims Act cases on behalf of whistleblowers who challenge companies that engage in fraud against the federal or state government.
Choose the Halunen Law Employment Attorneys in Minneapolis
We understand that it can be intimidating to stand alone against an employer. Our job is to help fight for your legal rights when they’ve been violated. We provide an open, professional environment where our clients can feel comfortable, yet confident our tough-minded lawyers will aggressively tackle the case.
If you have been wronged and want to explore what your rights are, please contact us for a free, confidential consultation.