Workers’ Compensation Retaliation

Minneapolis Workers’ Comp Discrimination Lawyers

Have You Been Treated Unfairly Because of a Workers’ Comp Claim or Work Injury?

It is against the law for an employer to retaliate against, punish or threaten an employee for filing a workers’ compensation claim or reporting a work injury, but this does not prevent some companies from illegal actions in attempts to contain costs. When an employee is applying for or receiving benefits related to an injury or illness, a company may retaliate by:

  • Writing up the worker for a performance issue that is not legitimate
  • Wrongfully terminating or laying off the worker
  • Creating or tolerating a hostile work environment that may include offensive or abusive language, threats or other treatment

If you feel like your employer is treating you unfairly, trying to get rid of you or building a case against you because of your workers’ comp status or work injury, you should talk to an experienced employment lawyer before things get worse.

Protect Your Legal Rights and Your Livelihood

The Minneapolis workers’ compensation retaliation attorneys of Halunen Law have litigated many retaliation cases where workers’ compensation is the underlying issue. We are in the business of standing up for employees who have been treated illegally.

Workers’ compensation is not a special privilege; it is a legal right under federal and state laws that employers are required to respect. You should not be retaliated against because you are exercising a legal right to be compensated and receive medical care for work-related injuries.

More Practice Areas

Contact a Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Discrimination Attorney

Contact us promptly if you suspect your employer is trying to get back at you because of workers’ comp. We offer a free, confidential consultation to all prospective clients. Our firm’s wrongful termination lawyers will listen to the details of your case and help you understand your legal rights and options. We can file a claim on your behalf if appropriate.