Colin H. Hargreaves
As an employment attorney at Halunen Law, Colin Hunter Hargreaves is passionate about his work, the opportunity to share his client’s story, and to right a wrong. He is proud to be part of Halunen Law’s tenacious group of attorneys who continually work to bring meaningful change to their clients’ lives and the law.
Colin’s inspiration to be an attorney came at an early age and from an unusual source; 1997’s movie “Liar Liar.” Impressed by Jim Carrey’s portrayal of an ambitious, fervent (albeit flawed) attorney, Colin was transfixed. As his family moved from Omaha to Milwaukee, to San Antonio, his lawyerly aspiration traveled along. As a transplant from Texas, Colin quickly grew to love the Twin Cities (though, not necessarily the climate) and graduated from the University of St. Thomas School of Law, fulfilling his long-held goal.
While at law school, Colin confirmed being an attorney was an ideal match for his passion for advocacy and venerable storytelling skills. He was a regular on the Dean’s List, participated in numerous student programs, and represented St. Thomas on two moot court teams.
When he’s not busy at the office, Colin is diligently training for his first marathon, attempting to play golf, cooking up a feast with friends, or taking in all the Twin Cities arts and social scene have to offer.
“I love having the chance to impact the law, push for positive change and social growth, and advocate for my clients.”
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law – Employee
- Employment Retaliation/Discrimination
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Civil Rights
- Wage and Hour Violations
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2017
- Finalist in St. Thomas Moot Court Competition (M.I.P.L.A.); Semi-Finalist in regional
- Delta Theta Phi, Scholarship Key
- University of Wisconsin – Stout, Wisconsin
- B.A. – Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity