Blaine L. Balow
As an attorney on Halunen Law’s employment team, Blaine Balow is committed to helping clients navigate the process of standing up to employers who have treated them unfairly. Through every step of the process – from the first contact with the employer, through mediation, trial, or an appeal – Blaine protects the dignity of his clients as he pursues justice on their behalf.
Whether the case involves retaliation, discrimination, whistleblowing or sexual harassment, Blaine’s extensive trial experience and alternative dispute resolution (mediation) skills make him a powerful advocate for his clients.
A graduate of Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Blaine clerked for the City Attorney’s Office and the District Attorney’s office, where he litigated more than 100 bench and jury trials combined. He practiced family law for four years, litigating numerous cases in both Minnesota and Wisconsin before dedicating his work to human rights and employment law.
Blaine’s passion for justice and helping people extends to his free time as well. A former advisory board member of The Adoption Medicine Clinic at University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital, he now volunteers monthly at Mitchell Hamline School of Law’s Self Help Clinic.
An analytic thinker, empathetic with unsurpassed negotiation skills, Blaine Balow is a strong advocate to have on your side if you have been mistreated by an employer.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law – Employee
- Employment Discrimination/Retaliation
- Sexual Harassment
- Civil Rights
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- Wisconsin Supreme Court
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Juris Doctor – 2014
- Recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Negotiation
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- B.A. – 2011 – Legal Studies and Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Minnesota Chapter, Board Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Pro Bono Society, Marquette University Law School