Minneapolis Employment Class Action Attorneys
Leveraging the Strength in Numbers
When it comes to lawsuits, there is strength in numbers. In a class action, individuals or small groups can bring a claim on behalf of themselves and a class of people who have had similar experiences. Our lawyers bring employment class actions when an illegal company policy negatively impacts workers or when a company engages in illegal conduct against a group of employees.
Class actions get the attention of employers in a way that individual claims don’t. Our employment class actions typically begin with a complaint by just one person whose experience is shared by other employees. Those complaints include:
- Systemic class-wide discrimination: We investigate situations where employers discriminate against groups of employees who are protected under the law for such characteristics as gender, race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- WARN Act violations: We can represent employees when advanced notification about group layoffs has not been given as required by the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act.
- Employee misclassification as independent contractor: We investigate situations where workers are wrongly classified as independent contractors. This includes food industry or other drivers classified as independent contractors who are controlled as if they were employees.
- Employee misclassification as exempt: We investigate cases of employment misclassification where employees should be earning overtime but are wrongly classified as exempt.
- Other types of wage theft: This includes situations where employees are not paid for all of the time they work.
Minnesota Unpaid Overtime Attorneys | Minneapolis Employment Class Action Attorneys
Class actions allow us to use our collective strength to make companies accountable to employees. The class action litigation team at Halunen Law is committed to fearless representation of employees against large corporations in both national and state actions. Please contact our offices for a free consultation if you believe that you and others have been wronged as employees.